Major Organized Rides
Every year we operate three major organized rides: the Lizard Under the Skillet, Octoginta, and the Tour de Chicken Creek. Please see the individual ride pages for additional information.
Regular Weekly Rides
The Lawrence Bicycle Club also operates a number of weekly rides. For details on our weekly rides please see our Weekly Rides page.
Rules / Code of Conduct
The following rules apply to all LBC rides:
- Helmets are required.
- Observe all posted traffic signs and traffic laws.
- Riders shall be courteous and respectful to fellow cyclists and drivers at all times.
In addition to the above rules riders are expected to follow a basic code of conduct to help ensure safety and enjoyment for all participants. Please try to keep the following in mind when participating in an LBC event:
- No team tactics or aggressive riding. Club rides are pace lines, not pelotons; group efforts, not races.
- Help out your fellow riders; take your pull, keep the group together, and make sure your ability matches the rides you participate in.
- Keep the pace consistent with the ride expectations.
- Prioritize safety over performance; no riding aero bars in pace lines, be mindful of the road and what is going on around you.
- Minimize distractions; no cell phone use, earphones, etc.